Dwelling Fire Insurance

Protection from fire is a must for any homeowner or landlord as fires can cause catastrophic damage to structures as well as income.

Dwelling Fire coverage is offered as an add-on to most homeowners policies to help you design coverage to suit each client's unique needs. Aside from the obvious - fire damage - these policies also cover losses related to smoke damage, hail, wind and vandalism. Dwelling fire is essential for landlords, owners of property under construction or renovation and seasonal homeowners.

Get Coverage with 12 Top-Rated Markets

flames nearing smoke alarm

Rental Property Dwelling Fire - DP1 vs DP3

For landlords, Dwelling Fire policies come in two forms - DP1 and DP3. In general, a DP1 is used for vacant property while the DP3 is used by landlords who rent property but do not live in it.